Monday, July 19, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 6 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 clove garlic
Olive oil
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flake (more, if you like to sweat while eating)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp black pepper
small onion (But, I use dehydrated onion flakes, because I hate cooked onion)

I also add water, until I get the consistency I want.

First, heat the olive oil, then throw in the garlic clove (crushed). If you love garlic, add more.If you like fresh onion, add it now. Once that cooks for a bit (don't burn it! once it starts making noise, it's done), add the tomatoes. Then add all your seasoning, tasting as you go. Once you get it to the consistency and flavor you like, turn on low and let simmer at least an hour. It's really hard to screw this up. Oh and take the bay leaf out before eating!

No comments: