Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pizza Crust (again)

In my search for the perfect pizza crust, I think I've finally hit gold.

This is STICKY. But oh so freakin good.

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Sprinkles of the following:
Red Pepper flake
Onion Powder
Rosemary
Parsley

Directions
Dump it all in the bread machine, set to knead (or pizza if you have that setting). I tend to make this the morning of, and let it rest all day in the fridge (after first rise), you can even rest it overnight.

Preheat oven to 380.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle your baking sheet liberally with cornmeal. Place dough on pan and brush with a good olive oil, then add your choice of pizza toppings.

Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.

My go to crust recipe now!

No comments: